Facebook likes to change the rules. Now Pages and Brands on Facebook can be tagged in photos.
The screenshot above is of a photo of mine that I tagged foursquare in. Anyone that “likes” your brand/page is able to tag it in photos.
How can Facebook Admins remove inappropriate photos?
- Click Photos tab while using your page as admin
- Click the photo in question
- Remove the photo by clicking in the lower left:
- “Report this Photo”
- “Remove this Photo”
How can Facebook Admins use this new photo tagging feature for good?
- Share great pictures from a recent event
- Ask fans to tag pictures of your organization
- Strategic tagging of photos for marketing purposes
Having your organization tagged in pictures is a good way to expand its presence on Facebook. Now anyone looking at pictures with your organization tagged will notice it. That might mean your friends – current members & potential members, it might be friends in the same organization around the country, or it might just be your grandma. If a picture is worth a 1000 words, being smart by monitoring your photos will help your organization’s presence on Facebook.
How have you been using this new feature?