Facebook notoriously changes its rules and setting with little or no warning. Here’s a great update that I noticed had happened earlier today. I’m thrilled this happened after asking and asking for the ability to be able to comment on Fan Pages that I am an admin of with no response.
So here’s how you can do it:
- On the upper-right click “Edit Page”
2. Edit Your Settings
- Click the top link that says “Your Settings”
- Uncheck the top box “Always comment and post on your page as [Page Name] …”
- Save Changes.
- Get email updates when people post or comment on your page! Keep checked.
3. Comment, Like or Post as Yourself!
- You notice the difference immediately. Your picture will appear next to any posts.
- Notice that a few days earlier I could only post as the page.
4. Toggle Back To Comment, Like and Post as Your Page/Organization
- Once you’ve made this change you can easily toggle back and forth between a personal post/comment and one from your organization.
- On your Facebook Fan Page, under “Admins” click the “Use Facebook as [Fan Page]”
Here are 5 quick reasons why you’ll personally want to join the conversation:
- Helps Build Personal Relationships Within The Organization
- To Add Your Personal Perspective
- Puts A Face With The Name (Literally)
- People Like To Connect With Other People and Knowing Who That Is
- Multiple Admins Can Add Varying Opinions & Perspectives In Comments
How will you use this new update on your Facebook Fan Page?